7.24.2008

As Is

Fashion magazines....hhmmmmm...I begged my mom to get me a subscription to Seventeen Mag when I was like 13 or something. I got it for my birthday and it lasted for 1 year. I have never had another subscription. Why would I want to have those types of mags in my house? It is all about promoting immodesty and worldliness. I have never been into fashion and probably never will be (as you all can tell). I am just a prude who wants to keep my body covered as much as possible and not wear very much make up because I am beautiful as is (except the acne, but I have learned to live with it since I will probably have it until the day I die).
So, one day last month I got the mail and there was this Allure magazine. I was about to turn and start walking to my neighbors house to give it to her when I looked at the address label. It actually said it was addressed to me! By magic I have started getting this subscription. I never signed up for it...and I am pretty sure none of my friends got it for me since my name is a little bit misspelled...I just get to enjoy a free magazine that I would never look twice at in the grocery store line either skimming through it or throwing it away. Last month I looked through it (I actually picked up two hints on traveling), this month I tossed it. (I think I may dig it out cause I remember there being a headline for taking better vacation pictures and I want to get those tips for our upcoming trip to Virginia!)

2 comments:

Scott said...

And then about 6 months from now we get a bill in the mail and BAM!!!

Hopefully there are some tips on how to dodge a magazine bill collector in that magazine...

- non-subscriber's husband

Scott said...

oh, and by the way, my wife is plenty beautiful without the crappy beauty tips from some crap magazine. The only magazines we should have in our house are the Ensign, Sporting News, The Friend, and some other kid magazine for Shelbie. Everything else is junk mail as far as I am concerned.

Unless there is some magazine out there that tells you how to buy a house you can't afford and let the government bail you out....