5.29.2008

Mommie Tag

Here you go mommies - a different kind of TAG. For a change it's all about you and your first baby. Anyone who reads this must do this on their next post of their blog. If you don't have a blog I would love for you to email it to me.

1. Were you married at the time? Yes

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were
pregnant? We were very excited. We were anticipating it since we were trying after we had a miscarriage.

3. How old were you? 26

4. How did you find out you were pregnant? We took a pregnancy test and right away it came up as a dark pink "+"

5. Who did you tell first? Our friends, Jared & Betsy, at their wedding reception.

6. Did you want to find out the sex? I went back and forth of wanting to be surprised at the delivery time or to be surprised at the ultrasound. We chose being surprised sooner than later.
7. Due date? May 28, 2003 (i think)
8.Did you deliver early or late? Late (June 1)
9. Did you have morning sickness? no, but I remember feeling tired

10. What did you crave? anything sweet, especially later in the day.

11. Who irritated you the most? I don't think this is applicable in my case.

12. What was your first child's sex? Girl

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 41 (so much swelling near the end)

14.Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? not really. the last couple of months seemed to take forever because I was so swollen and had major carpel tunnel. I was totally miserable.
15.Where did you give birth? Laguna Hills, CA (although we live 25 miles north in Costa Mesa - we lived near this hospital when we first got married and I loved the hospital and my doctor so I chose to keep going there even though we moved "away").

16. How many hours were you in labor? 4 hours (no drugs until after it was all over)

This is the first picture that I have on my computer. We didn't get a digital camera until Shelbie was well over 1 year old.

17. Who drove you to the hospital? My husband, Scott. We had to get their quickly because I had two contrations that were 15 minutes the next one was 7 minutes later then 5, then my water broke and they were 3 minutes and I was scared to get off the toilet. The ride was not so smooth but at least the traffic was good to us (it was 1130pm)

18. Who watched? No one "watched". Scott's parents and sister came to the hospital at midnight and hung out in the waiting room and the nurse told Scott to look because the head was coming out and he wouldn't look, cause he knows himself and he didn't want to faint but she wouldn't take that and pushed his face in that direction and he thought that it was cool to see the head of hair and couldn't believe it was happening but he quickly turned back to look at me and he didn't faint.

19. Was it natural or c-section? Weird question. She came 100% naturally...vaginally and no drugs

20..Did you take medicine to ease the pain? afterwards, yes!
21.How much did your child weigh? 8 lbs 4 oz

22.Did your child have any complications? none what-so-ever

23..What did you name him/her? Shelbie - very early on in the pregnancy we were talking about names and Scott brought up Shelbie because of a certain car in the movie Gone in 60 Seconds. I love the name! I had to go with the IE spelling because my name ends that way and it's way cooler...I don't think a guy will ever spell his name with an IE so the gender issue is pretty much taken care of.

24. How old is your first born today? She turns 5 on Sunday!!!
This is the most recent picture of Shelbie. She wanted a picture of her flower pancake.

2 comments:

Keri and Neal said...

I love hearing about other people's pregnancies and deliveries. I remember you had just had Shelbie when we got to see her at a baseball game. We were so happy for you both. Still are.

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday Shelbie!
Love, Jake, Chloe, & Max