


First of all, I want to pay tribute to my mother and grandmothers. They are all beautiful, wonderful women who have molded and shaped me to be who I am today, and I think they did a great job, because I am pretty awesome if I do say so. Anyway, my mom is as selfless as they come and she will do anything for anybody. She has been an incredible help to me and my family since the birth of our twins. I could not have done it without her (and my dad!). Okay, enough mushy-ness, I love you mom and appreciate all you do. I hope you have a great day. We all can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!!Shelbie has been planning on giving me breakfast in bed and told me last night to "make sure and sleep in" so that she could do that. Well, we have church at 9am and I have to get up at 630am to start getting ready. So, when Shelbie walked out of her room and saw me in the bathroom with a towel on my head she said "mom, where are you supposed to be right now?" (in a very "what-in-your-feeble-mind-makes-you-think-this-is-what-you-are-supposed-to-be-doing" tone of voice) I quickly apologized and got back into bed while Scott and Shelbie brought me and english muffin and cereal with a little flower on the tray. So sweet and it was yummy.
Scott recorded Raiders of the Lost Ark last night on TV and so Shelbie wanted to see some of it too because she is obsessed with "grown-up" shows and insists that they are okay for her. So Scott said that they could watch it together so he could fast forward the bad parts that she shouldn't see. But she knows that all the fighting is fake and she keeps telling us, "don't fast-forward I can handle it, it's just ketchup!" Also, at the part where Indy and Salah found the ark and were pulling it out of the dingy stone box and it was super shiny and beautiful Shelbie says matter-of-factly, "well, that is gorgeous."



1 comment:
Glad you had a great Mother's Day! You are such a wonderful Mom and Friend!
Post a Comment