6.22.2010

Memorial Day 2010



It's a rare sight to see Scott at the beach...we love when we comes with us!



Scotty doesn't get in the water

We decided to go down to Huntington Beach Pier and see the Memorial Service that they put on. It was very nice. We didn't sit still in the audience but we listened as we played in the sand. The huge flag hanging from the crane was awesome! I wanted to see the High School band play but we missed it. I am so thankful the many many lives lost in order to preserve freedom in this country. I am also very thankful for my dad, grandpa, and great-aunt, and uncle for their service in the military. My dad was a communications officer in the Navy and served in Vietnam (stationed on Guam and in Okinawa). My grandpa Fergie was in the Army Air Corp (pre AirForce) in WWII. He flew B-24 bombers over Europe. Most of his missions were to bomb railways that provided supplies for the enemies. My great-aunt Ruth was a nurse in the Coast Guard in WWII. My Uncle Bob was in the Army in Vietnam. I should get more details on their service. Anyway, I am so grateful for this wonderful country and can't wait for the Fourth of July to celebrate even more!

No comments: