9.25.2009

Back-to-School


I can't believe Shelbie is in the 1st grade! Time flies. We all walk Shelbie to school in the morning and it is quite the adventure. We leave 30 minutes early (mind you we live two long blocks from the school) because the twins love to take their time, walk on all retaining walls available to them, get in and out of the stroller for various reasons, trip and need loves, check out the spider webs throughout the juniper bushes, dodge the sprinklers spraying the sidewalk etc. etc... We finally get there on time but I'm mentally exhausted....then we do the same thing on the way home (minus Shelbie). Shelbie rides her razor to school...if she doesn't then she complains how tired she is and needs to ride in the stroller too. :-)

Shelbie was so excited to start school she was in a great mood that first day. She literally sang this made up song about going to school and learning the whole way to school. Just as we got to campus she stopped and took a deep breath and said she was tired.....running, skipping, walking to school all the while singing at the top of your lungs can really be a workout! :-)

Shelbie is doing really great in school too. She loves her new teacher (and so do we, which is very important!) and loves making new friends. There are 3 other kids from her kindergarten class last year that are in her class this year. She is reading so much and so much better! I can't believe the jump she has made already and it has only been 3 weeks! She brings home a new book everyday and she reads to me, Scott & the babes. Shelbie is so fabulous!


I wonder if people think about the joy that kids find by walking on their retaining walls (when they don't fall of it)

Singing away


Her new/old classroom for 1st grade (is actually the same room she had for kinder, teachers just switched)

1 comment:

Chela said...

So fun!! I love seeing you guys every morning. It does look like a handful but you handle it like a champ. I'm just impressed that you walk to school every day. We are just to lazy and don't have enough time.