11.11.2008

Goodbye

This very old tree has provided Scott with many fun memories...A rope swing, sitting on top of the freshly pruned branches, and many climbing adventures. It has now been marked to be taken out. We aren't sure when it will happen so we took some pictures now.


When Scott was around 11 years old the city came and redid the sidewalk because the roots of the tree caused the sidewalk to buckle. Scott's twin brother and sister wrote their names in the new cement, but Scott was not home at the time and when he did get home it was too dry for him to add his name. He remembers being bummed that he couldn't put his name in.

Sydnie is standing perfectly in front of the "X" which gives her very cute bunny ears.

Now that I think about it I should have taken a picture or two of the entire tree showing how darn tall the thing is...the power lines run through the middle of the branches about halfway up the tree...to give you an idea. In fact, the whole tree looks like a See's Candy sucker, square/rectangular-ish.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay I just gasped and cried a little. I'm so sad they are taking our tree! Scott definately had better memories in that tree than I did because he was the only one who could climb it. It was like his own tree where no one could get to him. I'm still going to miss it. I think my name is in that cement too. And a friend of Shauna's too right? Oh man break my heart!

Stephanie said...

Scott thought that your name was there too but we couldn't find it. sorry.