A couple things to note before the story: A- There are really high winds here today, B- Shelbie had a little runny nose for a few days, C- when the bells rings in the morning for school to start the principle gets on the intercom and makes a few announcements, she said that there might not be outside recess or lunch because of the high winds.
Okay, so here is the story. When I pick up Shelbie from school today her teacher asks me if Shelbie has a severe breathing problem. I tell her no and ask why with a smirk on my face knowing what she might be about to tell me. She said that Shelbie insisted she had a severe breathing problem and had to eat inside. It turned out that the school was allowed to go outside and eat lunch but few of the girls in Shelbie's class have asthma. They had table-top activities for those girls and Shelbie's teacher offered that she do that (sit and eat the whole time instead of running around playing on the structures etc.) Shelbie insisted that her breathing problem was much more severe than their asthma and had to eat inside. So her teacher talked to another teacher and they decided that since they hadn't heard anything from us about it that they would play it safe and send her to the office to eat. That made Shelbie happy.
10.13.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Tell Shelbie that Grami has a little runny nose too :( I'm going to tell my boss I need to go home because I have a severe breathing problem too LOL
What a trickster! I used to fake headaches to hang out in the nurses office during hot days so I could get the only aid they ever offered (for ANY ailment)...an ice pack!
Love how creative she is! Way to get what ya want!!!!lol
Post a Comment