So, it was Scotty and Sydnie's first time to go in the nursery today at church. We anticipated that they wouldn't let us leave them (I had to play piano in primary and Scott has to teach 12-13 yr old sunday school class). We gave instructions to the leaders (Debi & Amy) if they started to cry or needed a diaper change to bring Scotty to me and Sydnie to Scott. They did great and when I went to the peep hole in the nursery door to check on them (every Ward building should have one of those) I saw how cute my kids were participating and not crying. I went to Scott's sunday school class and peeped in his door to report the good news. As I was going back to primary for the second singing time I checked on more time and Amy was bringing Sydnie out because she had pooped. So I changed her diaper and was contemplating how I was going to get her back into the nursery without Scotty seeing me, cause if he did it would be all over. I had to be in primary because the senior primary was singing in Relief Society. So I dropped her off, Scotty saw me and they were both clingy. I stayed for a few minutes while I distracted them with their snack and then Debi stood in front of them while I sneaked out. It didn't work cause I heard them both crying....but I had to go. So, I guess it must have been about 10 minutes later that Scott walked by to check on them (this is now in the 3rd hour) and he heard Sydnie crying (Scotty was crying too because Sydnie was crying and he was scared). Sydnie was crying because she never recouped from when I left her and she cried so hard that she puked!!! 3 times!!! all over Amy and herself!!! (this is why we can't let our kids "cry it out" to get them to bed...Shelbie was same way) Scott was there and helped out and got Sydnie to calm down. I was done with my music responsibilities 1/2 hour before church was over so I went to the nursery to play with the kids. Scott was still in there hanging out and he wanted to go to priesthood so we switched. He tried to leave but Sydnie wouldn't let him. She just loves him way too much for her own good. So Scott took her and I stayed and played with Scotty the rest of the time. Scotty is very similar to Shelbie. He was interested in what the other kids were doing and playing with the fun, new toys. He is easily distracted and not as clingy as Sydnie.
So, there you have it...our most dramatic first day of nursery.
CHEEEEEESE!!!!!



5 comments:
Hooray for nursery! What an adventurous day!!
That is awesome. You have to love nursery in the begining. When I saw you it looked like things were going well. Here's to next week.
Congrats to the wonderful parents!
Ahhh...this brings back memories ;)
I can testify to the fact that when she cries Sydnie heaves! Been there done that LOL
But what a pair of sweeties that I love dearly :)
Grami
We are so looking forward to Sophie 18 month mark and nursery except without the puking part. Neal roams the halls all of Sunday school while I am working in Primary. She usually is tame enough by preisthood for him to catch most of it.
Post a Comment